Camelbak Podium Big Chill
I know what you’re thinking, who the heck would review a water bottle? Well obviously I would and for good reason. The Camelbak Podium Big Chill 25 oz Bottle is not like other water bottles and it’s worth talking about. The Camelbak Podium Big Chill 25 oz Bottle is water bottle perfection and nothing short of brilliant. You can read the manufacturer jargon below, I will just get to the meat and potato’s here. The Camelbak Podium Big Chill 25 oz Bottle has a trick nozzle that is not apparent when reading the description. Casual reading would lead you to believe that you must rotate a locking mechanism to start and stop water flow. Well that is simply not the case. When riding the lock should be left in the unlocked position because within the nozzle is a slick rubber valve that is always closed and seals tight with absolutely no leakage. When squeezing the bottle the force opens the little valve in what I will call a puckering or burping action. When you view it in person you might relate it to part of the human anatomy that was no doubt the inspiration for the design. Anyhow as I said squeezing the bottle opens the valve and releasing closes it tight…perfectly. No pulling it open with your teeth and closing it by banging it against your body, nope none of that. Squeeze and drink it’s that simple!
Now if that doesn’t sell you how about 25oz of double insulated construction. Your cool stays cool and your warm stays warm at least longer than the competitions offerings. The other important detail is taste. Your favorite beverage will taste like your favorite beverage without the plastic taste. I know hard to believe. Go ahead and get one, come back here and thank me by way of a comment..
Lastly you can have the Camelbak Podium Big Chill 25 oz Bottle for a mere $11 and change at Amazon
BTW there is an optional mud cap for those inclined to purchase such things. See below (Obviously)
Camelbak Podium Big Chill:
Double-wall construction keeps water cold twice as long as regular sport bottles
Large 25 oz (750ml) water capacity
Innovative, self-sealing Jet Valve™ eliminates splatters and spills.
Lightweight, easy-squeeze bottle delivers the right flow to quench your thirst
100% BPA-Free TruTaste™ polypropylene with HydroGuard™ lets you taste your water, not your bottle.
Positive lockout for leak proof transport
Wide-mouth opening is easy to fill with ice and water and a breeze to clean
Also keeps warm beverages warm during cool weather rides
CamelBak® Got Your Bak™ Guarantee: If we built it, we’ll Bak it™ with our lifetime guarantee.
Cleaning the Podium® Big Chill bottle by hand using warm water and soap if desired. High heat from the dishwasher may distort the lightweight plastic bottle components. The Podium® Big Chill cap can be washed in a dishwasher on the top rack.
Please note that the Podium caps are primarily composed of two components: the Jet Valve™ and the silicone nozzle. To wash the cap by hand, pull off the silicone nozzle and wipe cap with a soapy sponge. Rinse thoroughly and snap the nozzle back on. Do not disassemble small parts of the cap Jet Valve. Disassembly of the plastic cap could lead to leaks or product malfunction.
Features and Specifications:
- Capacity: 25 ounces (750 milliliters)
- 100 percent BPA-Free
- Double-wall construction keeps water cold twice as long
- Jet Valve: Lets you sip from any direction, or squirt to cool off on long rides. Eliminates the “bite open, hip-slap shut” steps.
- High Flow Rate: Squeezable bottle offers more water when you need it.
- No Sticky Frame: Made from medical-grade silicone, the Jet Valve eliminates splatter on your frame or jersey.
- Leak-Proof: Positive shut-off at base of valve for leak-proof transport. Simply turn the bar 90 degrees to stop water flow.
- Better Taste: TruTaste polypropylene allows you to taste your water, not your bottle.
- Lined with HydroGuard to inhibit the growth of bacteria that can cause odors, discoloration or deterioration of the bottle surface. (Does not protect user against disease-causing organisms. Always wash bottle after use.)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I put my Camelbak Podium Big Chill in the Dishwasher? Camelbak recommends hand washing the bottle–but–the Jet Valve lid is dishwasher safe (top rack only).
- Can I put sports drinks in the Camelbak Podium Big Chill bottle? Yes, however, make sure to clean the bottle thoroughly after each use.
- Can I use carbonated beverages in my Camelbak Podium Big Chill? Yes. The Jet Valve automatically vents pressure so that fizz will not cause pressure buildup. Please note, if the lockout is shut off, there will be pressure buildup, which isn’t dangerous, but could lead to unexpected spray when opened.
- Can I put hot liquids in my Camelbak Podium Big Chill? No. However, warm beverages are OK, provided they’re not hot enough to burn your mouth. Extra-hot or boiling water can distort the plastic in the bottle, but warm tea in your Podium Chill Bottle is a nice treat for a cold ride.
- Can I freeze the bottle? You can freeze the bottle, but before you do, make sure that the bottle is only partially filled. We recommend only 3/4 full to allow for expansion of the water as it freezes to ice. Place the bottle in the freezer right side up.
- Does the Camelbak Podium Big Chill bottle fit any bike cage? Podium Chill and Podium Ice Bottles are designed to fit almost all cages on the market. For best performance, Camelbak recommends using cages designed with a little bit of give� in them. Cages that fully encircle the bottle with a single loop of material, can have a tighter fit. You can still use the Podium Bottle with these cages, but be aware that the fit will be snug, which could make it tougher to get the bottle in and out.
- What materials are used to make the Camelbak Podium Big Chill bottle and cap? The Podium Chill bottle is made primarily from TruTaste polypropylene, a proprietary blend of polypropylene that is food-safe and taste-free. A CamelBak TruTaste bottle means your water will taste like it should. The bottle cap is made from polypropylene, with smaller components made of HDPE. Sealing components (nozzle, Jet Valve and o-ring) are made of medical grade silicone.
- What is the hydroguard treatment mentioned on the product? HydroGuard is a CamelBak proprietary antimicrobial technology embedded directly into the bottle walls. HydroGuard is an EPA-registered compound that uses the natural anti-microbial properties of silver metal to inhibit the growth of bacteria that can cause odors, discoloration, or deterioration of the bottle.