Cold Weather Mountain Biking Part2
Cold Weather Mountain Biking 45 degrees – For my own reference as well as the reference of others I have decided to document some of my cooler weather rides with regard to the conditions, what I wore and comfort level.
- December 01, 2013 12:30pm
- Temperature 45 degrees
- Mostly cloudy with sunny breaks and no breeze.
- Lake Wintergreen – Trails and paved roads
- Pearl Izumi Men’s Elite Amfib Cycling Bib Tight
- Rapha Winter Base Layer Merino Wool Turtle Neck
- Pearl Izumi Men’s Elite Tall Wool Sock
- Pearl Izumi Thermal Light Gloves
- The North Face Mens Sentinel Windstopper Jacket
- The North Face GTD Long-Sleeve Crew
- CTR Mistral Skully
- Sidi Dominator
I wore the The North Face GTD Long-Sleeve Crew under the Rapha Winter Base Layer Merino Wool Turtle Neck. It was a little overkill with the The North Face Mens Sentinel Windstopper Jacket for an outer layer. As I said before though I would rather be hot than cold. The Pearl Izumi Men’s Elite Amfib Cycling Bib Tight and Pearl Izumi Thermal Light Gloves were perfect. I opted to use the CTR Mistral Skully under my helmet. It too was a perfect choice.
What Didnt’t Work:
Once again the Sidi Dominators are the weak link because they are warm weather shoes. I stepped in some shallow puddles and my feet got soaked. I really need to purchase a pair of Louis Garneau 0 Degree LS-100 Mountain Shoes soon.
In my opinion I was dressed perfect other than my feet. It was an awesome day for an awesome ride as I never even thought once about what I was wearing.